Dear all,

Thank you very much to those who assisted me in June/July with an index & sheet listing for USGS 100k 30'x60' topos, in particular Zoe Dilles, Debbie Frye, Dave Soller, Mike Flannigan, Rod Anderson & Heather Ross.
I've now indexed our substantial but incomplete holdings, and the zoomable index can be seen here:
https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-3256341275/view

I've also confirmed the names of the (exactly) 1800 sheets in the series, which have been added (alphabetically by sheet name) as 505 fields in our record
https://catalogue.nla.gov.au/catalog/618966
Anyone else is welcome to copy these for their own use, either directly from the public record, or click on 'Librarian View' in the top right to see the MARC view, and copy the fifteen 505's.

I also indexed our VERY incomplete set of BLM surface-mineral management sheets in the same way
https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-234185146/view
but have not redacted the 1800-sheet name listing for those.
Our catalogue record for this series still needs some work, though.

It's been good to get these series controlled and indexed, the drawers and folders organised and labelled, and make them better accessible.

Thanks again!

Brendan Whyte
National Library of Australia