Event: Genealogy Research with Maps
Date and Time: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 1 - 2 PM (EST)
Where: Virtual (Register Here)

This class will describe how maps in the collections of The New York Public Library and elsewhere can be used to drive genealogical research and illustrate family histories. The focus will be on digitized maps.

We will explore fire insurance maps and atlases, military and topographical maps, county maps and atlases, and many more kinds of maps, to locate records, discover where our ancestors lived, and what their lives were like.

--

Jo-Ann WongThe New York Public Library
Librarian II

The New York Public Library
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, Room 117
476 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10018
T: 212-714-8425 Ext 48425 | [log in to unmask]

Get updates about research at NYPL delivered to your inbox.  Sign up for the Library's monthly e-newsletter, Research at NYPL.