Hi all,

After years of procrastination, I have begun indexing our US 24k series (very incomplete... we stopped collecting these when an exchange programme with USGS ceased 20-30 years ago)
I have made an overall US map showing which states have been properly indexed to date, and attached this to our catalogue record https://catalogue.nla.gov.au/catalog/6855508, along with coloured-in indexes of each of the 19 smallest states.

The plan is to work my way through the remaining 30 states in 2024.... wish me luck!

Please let me have any feedback on what I have done so far.
(once you've opened the US index, click 'browse this collection' in the breadcrumbs to see the individual state indexes)

What have others done in the way of online indexes for the series?
We have never even considered cataloguing the sheets individually... but I guess we could have done individual records (and indexes) for each state set, and linked them with an overall parent series record similar to our existing record... but that's nevertheless more work for the cataloguers.

Compliments and criticism most welcome before I embark any deeper into this project...

Merry Christmas!

Brendan Whyte
National Library of Australia