On 7/10/2022 I posted to this list about an effort to create
a comprehensive index of all topographic maps published in
the USA.  I am still a long way from that goal.

I do have an index of 357,457 records.  Some statistics on
these records is listed below.  I suspect every library on
this list has maps not listed in this index.

Anyway, if anybody wants the records for their state, I
can supply a CSV file that can be opened by Excel.

Records per state:

AK - 17130
AL - 5680
AR - 5240
AS - 9
AZ - 11076
AZ NM - 6
AZ NV - 1
AZ NV CA - 1
CA - 23251
CA NV - 5
CO - 12399
CO KS - 3
CO KS OK - 2
CO UT - 4
CT - 1341
DC - 52
DE - 404
FL - 7539
FM - 19
GA - 5605
GU - 9
HI - 1000
IA - 5842
ID - 8616
ID MT - 4
ID OR - 2
ID WY - 2
IL - 6323
IN - 4581
KS - 8712
KY - 4878
LA - 6170
MA - 3108
MD - 2382
ME - 5323
MI - 7112
MN - 8676
MO - 7461
MO AR - 1
MO KS - 2
MP - 9
MS - 4458
MT - 14688
MT ID - 2
MT WY - 3
NC - 6022
ND - 6434
NE - 6733
NH - 1532
NJ - 1677
NM - 10521
NM TX - 2
NV - 9150
NV AZ - 1
NV CA - 7
NV ID - 1
NV UT - 4
NV UT ID - 1
NY - 9030
OH - 5751
OK - 6876
ON - 12
OR - 10156
PA - 8167
PR - 810
PW - 12
QC - 23
RI - 395
SC - 2956
SD - 6634
TN - 5707
TX - 22978
TX MX06 - 1
UT - 8778
UT AZ - 17
UT CO - 14
UT CO WY - 2
UT ID - 4
VA - 6617
VI - 57
VT - 1545
WA - 8905
WA OR - 2
WI - 7400
WV - 3469
WY - 9921
WY SD MT - 2

Records per map scale:

10000 - 77
12000 - 1
20000 - 474
21120 - 19
24000 - 294493
25000 - 9627
30000 - 276
31680 - 3944
48000 - 1120
50000 - 277
62500 - 28380
63360 - 7064
96000 - 43
100000 - 3016
125000 - 4445
126700 - 1
127000 - 1
192000 - 2
250000 - 4197

The header row across the top (columns):

Series
Version
Cell ID
Map Name