Hello all,

A joint symposium of the Cartography and Geographic Information Society and the University Consortium for Geographic Information Science will be held in Columbus, Ohio on June 3-6, 2024. The theme of the meeting will be Climate Smart GIScience: Mapping a Sustainable Future. More information about the conference and call for participation can be found here.

Theresa Quill and I are interested in co-organizing a panel discussion on the role of map and geospatial library professionals in supporting collection development, education, and research related to climate change and sustainability (including in higher education and community engagement contexts). We are writing to gauge interest in participation in this panel discussion, which we also hope may serve as a jumping off point for a future special issue of the Journal of Map & Geography Libraries.

If you are interested in potentially participating in this panel discussion and would be able to attend the in-person symposium in June, please email me directly at [log in to unmask] by Wednesday, December 20. If there is sufficient interest, I'll get the group together in early January to finalize the abstract for the session, which is due by January 15, 2024.

Best,

Josh

The Ohio State University
Joshua W. Sadvari
Assistant Professor

Geospatial Information Librarian
University Libraries Research Services
490F 18th Avenue Library, 175 W. 18th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-5828 Office
[log in to unmask] | library.osu.edu

cid:image002.gif@01D92FF5.08DBDD20orcid.org/0000-0003-3842-9905

Pronouns: he/him/his / Honorific: Mr.

---

Co-Editor, Journal of Map & Geography Libraries