Teachers,

Last Friday, I received word that the Georgia On My Mind Horse Show reduced their event by cutting out the second week due to lack of entries. This means that the show concludes on Sunday  April 7th, which negatively affects our FFA Horse Judging contests. After considering other possibilities, our FFA Horse Judging State CDE will be held Friday April 5th at the International Horse Park in Conyers during the horse show.

If we were to try to maintain the previous date we would need to find a new location, find other horses which would be of lesser quality and secure riders and handlers available on a weekday.

I know this causes frustration on your part,  I get it.  Our policy on State Staff  is to keep to the calendar, but sometimes decisions must be made to provide the best quality event for your FFA members.

My apologies,

Kent

Kent Benson
Georgia Agricultural Education
North Region Animal Science Area Teacher
706-552-4463  Office
530-574-3687  Cell