Hi Ryan,

From memory each Land in Germany was responsible for mapping its own area (just as it was for 25k, 50k and 100k topos), so there will be a separate index produced by each Land either in large sheet format, or in a catalogue brochure (each Land produced its own catalogues/indexes in its own style).

I have a indexes for a couple of Lander ferreted away somewhere... I will try to dig them out this week.

Brendan Whyte
National Library of Australia

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 2 Jan 2024 16:17:42 -0600
From:    Ryan Mattke <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Deutsche Grundkarte 1:5000 Index Map

Hello All,

We are organizing our set of the *Deutsche Grundkarte 1:5000* map series
(see a great explanation of the set in this blog story
<https://specialcollections-blog.lib.cam.ac.uk/?p=17788> from Cambridge
University Library).

One issue is that we do not have an index for the maps -- does anyone
happen to have an index map? If yes, would you be willing to send us a scan
of it?

We would be very grateful!

Best Regards,
Ryan Mattke

--
Ryan Mattke
Map & Geospatial Information Librarian

Head, John R. Borchert Map Library <https://www.lib.umn.edu/borchert>
Adjunct Faculty, MGIS Program <http://cla.umn.edu/mgis>
Program Lead, Big Ten Academic Alliance Geospatial Information Network
<https://gin.btaa.org/>
Co-Director, Mapping Prejudice <https://mappingprejudice.umn.edu/>

Phone: 612.624.5757
Web: http://www.lib.umn.edu/borchert <https://www.lib.umn.edu/borchert>