Kia ora!

The New Zealand Cartographic Society is proud to announce Aotearoa New Zealand's 11th National Cartographic Conference: GeoCart'2024<https://cartography.org.nz/index.php?option=com_acym&ctrl=fronturl&task=click&urlid=25&userid=382&mailid=120>! The event will convene in Wellington from 21-23 August at the fantastic facilities of the National Library of New Zealand. The theme this year is Cartographic Endeavours: From Paper to Pixels.

GeoCart'2024 aims to bring together a wide cross-section of professionals, researchers, and enthusiasts engaged in cartography, map curatorship, research, geovisualisation, and GIScience. Participants will hear about the latest developments, learn about current and upcoming projects and products, network with their counterparts in the greater community, and develop a deeper understanding of cartography and mapping.

Keynote speakers already confirmed are:

  *   Sarah Bell - Senior Product Engineer at Esri (USA)
  *   Daniel P. Huffman - Freelance Cartographer and Educator (USA)
  *   Daniel O'Donohue - Host of The MapScaping Podcast (NZ)

The Call for Contributions is now open!  All abstracts must be submitted by 07 June.  Please see the Author Guidelines<https://cartography.org.nz/index.php?option=com_acym&ctrl=fronturl&task=click&urlid=26&userid=382&mailid=120> for further information.

For specific enquiries regarding the Call for Contributions, please email Tony Moore ([log in to unmask]).

Sponsor opportunities are available! We work hard to keep GeoCart accessible to everyone, and every bit of financial support is an immense help.  Please visit our Sponsorship<https://cartography.org.nz/index.php?option=com_acym&ctrl=fronturl&task=click&urlid=27&userid=382&mailid=120> page to download the flier and spread the word.  If you or your organisation would like to support this fantastic event, even at a level below the advertised tiers, please contact us at [log in to unmask] All contributions are greatly appreciated.

We will be posting further details as they become available, so keep an eye on the website for updates.  GeoCart is always a fun and exciting event, bringing together the wider New Zealand cartographic and geospatial community, and you don't want to miss it! We look forward to seeing everyone in Wellington in August.

Ngà mihi,
Shannon, Mairéad, Emory, and Andrew
GeoCart'2024 Organising Committee

[https://cartography.org.nz/images/NZCS_graphics/geocart/2024/geocart-banner_2024.jpg]

WEBSITE<https://cartography.org.nz/index.php?option=com_acym&ctrl=fronturl&task=click&urlid=3&userid=382&mailid=120> | SUBMIT ABSTRACT<https://cartography.org.nz/index.php?option=com_acym&ctrl=fronturl&task=click&urlid=28&userid=382&mailid=120>