---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Laura Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Feb 5, 2024 at 8:37 AM
Subject: Georgia NASEF Farmcraft 2024!

Good Monday morning all,

GPB Education is excited to announce a fun student challenge for ages 8-18 that teaches all about regional agriculture in the immersive environment of Minecraft (one of students’ favorite games)! We’ll equip educators with lesson plans, provide video interviews with local ag experts, and more.

Farmcraft® 2024 is focused on the impact of digital technology on agricultural productivity in Georgia and around the world. How can we grow more with less? Many of the productivity increases in the last few decades have directly resulted from the adaptation and adoption of digital technologies to farming! Georgia Farmcraft players can win special prizes, plus it's free to join -- and NASEF even provides Minecraft Education Edition free to all participants.

Learn more and register a team at https://www.gpb.org/education/georgia-farmcraft.

Subscribe to GPB Education YouTube for livestream events. The first livestream event is a kickoff tomorrow, February 6th at 2:00 pm, where we will have Claire LeBeaux (NASEF), Carrie Settles Livers (AgSTEM Educator, Brookwood HS), PK Graff (Esports Community Leader), and Billy Hughes (Program Manager for Career Tech & Ag Education at GaDOE). Preseason challenges with livestreams will launch on February 13th, February 27th, and March 12th at 3pm. All livestreams will be available as recordings.

Please help us spread the word! Here is a marketing toolkit with social media posts, images, fliers, and more! Georgia is the first state to offer a regional version of the competition, and we want to make it a success!

Let me know if you have questions or if you need anything specific to get the word out to your networks.

Thanks!

Laura

2_GPB Logo.pngLaura Evans
Vice President of Education
5_Blue Line.png
Phone Icon.png404-685-2558
Mail Icon.png[log in to unmask]
    Web Icon.pnggpb.org
Location Icon.png260 14th Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30318

6_Better Together Block.png

--

Christa

Christa Steinkamp, EdS

Georgia Agricultural Education

Curriculum & Technology Director

1420 Experiment Station Road

Watkinsville, GA 30677

www.gaaged.org

706-244-8991 Cell

706-542-6366 Office

Agricultural Education Mission

"Agricultural education prepares students for successful careers and a lifetime of informed choices in the global agriculture, food, fiber and natural resources systems."