Looks to me like these researchers may have a bead on that data: https://armedea.wordpress.com/2014/10/06/quantifying-seismic-effects-on-european-populations-and-economic-activities-during-the-middle-ages/

I suspect they are using Maddison Project data: https://www.rug.nl/ggdc/historicaldevelopment/maddison/releases/maddison-project-database-2020, which appears to use modern political boundaries throughout. But it only has century-mark data, so 1500 or 1400...

This brought up memories of McEvedy and Jones' 1970s atlas: https://www.scribd.com/document/340967677/Atlas-of-world-population-history-b-pdf, which I loved as a sprog...

Nat Case
INCase, LLC
Minneapolis, MN USA