Hi,

I have an instructor who envisions a map-grounded approach to storing reading materials for a field course. He hopes to link reading materials about communities to pins on a map.  In a classroom setting, this is quite easy to do- you simply create a web map with some pins on it. However, in the field when internet connection is limited, what technologies/software can be used to achieve this?

Ideally, if students' movement can be tracked, that would be even better. This way, the students will see when they are approaching a certain community, prompting them to read the materials associated with that location.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks so much,

Best,

Sarah

Sarah Zhang

Librarian for Geography, GIS, & Maps