Exciting news! The University of Oregon Libraries has committed to creating a full-time GIS Librarian position to support UO’s growing Data Sciences Program and the increasing use of spatial technologies in research on campus.  This newly defined position is a great opportunity to join a growing and dynamic Data Services team.  I look forward to cross-departmental collaboration with this new position as I continue to work on making print collections more accessible and selective digitization of unique materials.  If you are a GIS librarian interested in supporting students through GIS and spatial data-oriented instruction and research support, please consider joining our library team here in Eugene, Oregon.

https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/533378/david-nancy-petrone-gis-librarian

Kathy Stroud

Cartographic and Government Information Librarian

1299 University of Oregon Libraries

Eugene, OR 97403

541-346-3051