Hello Agriculture Teachers,

Georgia is the host state for the NAAE Region V Conference this year. The conference theme is Georgia Grown, and we will have the opportunity to showcase our state’s agriculture industry along with highlighting our Ag Ed programs here in Georgia.

The NAAE Region V Conference is for agriculture teachers from the southeastern states – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.  The conference will be held at the Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agri-Center in Perry June 23 – 26th. This will be a great time to interact and connect with teachers from various states and gain valuable professional learning through interactive sessions and industry tours.  Each attendee will receive a complimentary conference t-shirt sponsored by the Ken Young Company.  The tentative conference agenda is attached.

Registration for the NAAE Region V Conference (hosted in Georgia) is now open.  Please complete the link at the bottom of this email to register.  The registration fee for the conference is $150 per teacher until May 31st.  Beginning June 1st, a $50 late registration fee will be added per teacher. Registration will close on June 10th.  This is a different conference from the GVATA Summer Conference.  Registration for our state’s summer conference will open in April.

Conference Dates – June 23 – 26, 2024

Location – Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agri-Center

Host Hotel –   Best Western Plus Executive Residency at Rigby’s Water World Hotel

1056 SR 96, Warner Robins, GA 31088

                        (478) 313-5700

Please use the link below to book your room at the Best Western. Rooms are $129/night.  The room block is set for June 23 – 26. If you need to make reservations outside of these dates you can call the hotel directly and they can help you obtain reservations.

Hotel Reservation Link –  Best Western Plus Executive Residency Rigby's Water World Hotel | Hotel Rooms

CTAERN Credit

Georgia teachers can also receive CTAERN credit for attending the conference.  You will need to register through www.CTAERN.org to obtain credit.

Conference Registration Link – https://www.regpack.com/reg/templates/build/?g_id=100914622

Click the link, enter your name, email address, create a password, then click “Sign me up!” to continue the registration process.

Payment – You can pay online with a debit/credit card or e-check.  There is a processing fee for credit cards and e-checks, but not for debit cards.  Checks can be made payable to GVATA and mailed to the address below.

GVATA

P.O. Box 515

Perry, GA 31069

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Justin Bennett

Treasurer
Georgia Vocational Agriculture Teachers Association
P.O. Box 515
Perry, GA 31069
www.gvata.org