Ag Teachers,

The Georgia FFA will host state competition in 7 career development events (CDEs) at the FFA/FCCLA Center in Covington on Friday, March 15 and Saturday, March 16.

Agenda
Attached is the agenda for the CDE weekend on March 15-16. Each CDE will operate on their own schedule. Please read carefully, as some CDEs are held on only one day (Friday OR Saturday) while others are held on both Friday AND Saturday. Each CDE will make announcement of their results at the conclusion of their event. Announcement of results and giving of awards will take place in the Wilkinson Dining Hall for all CDEs at the assigned time.

Information from CDE Superintendent
As a qualifier for state CDEs, you have (or very soon will) receive information about the state CDE from the appropriate Superintendent. The list of CDE Superintendents is below. Please be sure to look over the CDE guidelines and the information from the CDE Superintendent(s) very carefully. Some CDEs are conducted differently on the state level than on the Area level. Each CDE will take place in a specific building/facility at the Center. I encourage you to pay attention to each CDE location so that your students are in the correct place and on time.

Agricultural Communications – Ben Lastly ([log in to unmask])
Agricultural Education – Dr. Eric Rubenstein ([log in to unmask])
Agricultural Mechanics – Brian Elrick ([log in to unmask])
Dairy Evaluation – Todd Claxton ([log in to unmask])
Forestry – Barry Norris ([log in to unmask])
Livestock Evaluation – Kent Benson ([log in to unmask])
Nursery/Landscape – Josh Allen ([log in to unmask])

Reservations at FFA/FCCLA Center
Link to reservation form at FFA/FCCLA Center - https://form.jotform.com/220413232326138

The Georgia FFA/FCCLA Center is happy to host our state CDE days, and they work hard to provide what we need. In return, we need to provide them the information they require in to meet our needs. I ask that you consider whether your chapter will plan to have meals and/or lodging at the FFA/FCCLA Center. If you plan to eat or stay at the Center, please use the link above to reserve food and lodging at the FFA/FCCLA Center.

Available for reservation:
-Supper (Friday)
-Lodging (Friday)
-Breakfast (Saturday)
-Lunch (Saturday)

NOTE: If you have students participating in the Dairy Evaluation CDE (Friday) and/or Livestock Evaluation CDE (Saturday), there will be a separate link sent to order sack lunches that will be delivered to the Ag Center at the Camp. Please look for a request form from Mr. Todd Claxton (Dairy) and/or Mr. Kent Benson (Livestock) to order lunches for students in those CDEs.

Reminders
• A team is expected to include at least half of the team that qualified from the Area CDE in order to participate in the state CDE. If you need to make changes to your team before they arrive to compete in the state CDE, please make contact with the appropriate CDE Superintendent.
• If you have to add a new student to your team who did not participate in the Area CDE, please be sure that the new student has been submitted for FFA membership on your chapter roster.

If you have any questions about the CDEs being held March 15-16 in Covington, please contact me or the appropriate CDE Superintendent. Best wishes to each team and student. Travel safely. I look forward to seeing so many of you in a couple of weeks at the FFA/FCCLA Center.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA