Ag Teachers

If you have students who are state proficiency award finalists, please read this information carefully.

Submitting revised applications for state judging
Students who are state proficiency finalist are allowed (and encouraged) to make revisions to their application before the applications are scored on the state level. The revised version of the application must be submitted to the Proficiency Award submission list. In your online application manager, go to the Submission and Feedback list, just like you did to submit your students’ applications for Region judging. In the Proficiency Award box, look for the “GA 2024 Proficiencies” and click the “Edit List” button to add the revised versions of your students’ applications. Do the same for the “GA 2024 Research Proficiencies.” Final applications for state judging must be submitted by the end of the day this Thursday, March 14.

To see feedback from the Region scoring process, go to Application Manager, click the Submission & Feedback page, find the Region Proficiency link and click the “Feedback” button on the right. Please remember that after making all revisions, a student must go to the “Save/Print Application” link in the left side menu and on that page click the “complete/save application” button in order to generate a new PDF version. Enter the newest version number when adding the finalized application for state submission.

Interview process for finalists

All proficiency award finalists will interview at the state FFA convention, on Thursday, April 25. Attached is the schedule for proficiency award interviews, and a packet of information for advisors of proficiency award finalists. This information has been posted on the State Convention portion of the Georgia FFA website. If you have a proficiency finalist who is worried about attending their interview at the State Convention due to being out of state in college or the military, please reach out to me my April 3. Please let me know if you have questions.

Call me if you have questions.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association