Event: NYC's Subway and Rail Transit Systems at NYPL's Map Division
<https://www.nypl.org/events/programs/2024/03/19/researching-nycs-subway-and-rail-transit-systems-nypls-map-division>
Date and Time: Tuesday, March 19, 2024, 1 - 2 PM (EST)
Where: Virtual (Register Here
<https://nypl.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_8sPgWvZlQC2tAFVTvJS9WQ#/registration>
)

Join us, as we demonstrate how to use the collection at NYPL's Map Division
to research local rail transit routes in New York City. In particular, we
will focus on NYC's subway system, elevated rails, and commuter rail lines.

During this class, we will cover the history of rail transit in New York
City, show you how to utilize NYPL's catalogs to locate maps related to
these transit lines, and provide examples of how these maps can be utilized
as part of your research.

--
*Jo-Ann Wong**| **The New York Public Library*
*Librarian II*

The New York Public Library
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, Room 117
476 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10018
T: 212-714-8425 Ext 48425 | [log in to unmask]
www.nypl.org/locations/divisions/map-division

Get updates about research at NYPL delivered to your inbox.  Sign up for
the Library's monthly e-newsletter, Research at NYPL
<http://pages.email.nypl.org/researchmatters>.