________________________________
From: Marjorie Wonham <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2024 2:05 PM
To: thomas nerite.com <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Opportunity for CoA members

Dear Jann and Tom,

I’ve so enjoyed working on our CoA-funded projects in the last 2 years. As you know, we’ve successfully published two papers supported in part by CoA (https://doi.org/10.1111/ivb.12393, https://doi.org/10.1093/isle/isad070), and have one more in the works on the pedagogy of science-poetry undergraduate education.

In the meantime, I thought this opportunity below might be of interest to some of your members: please feel free to distribute widely.

Best wishes,

Marjorie Wonham

---

Come and meet your malacological muse! Join Dr. Marjorie Wonham and Melanie Koenderman for our 2nd annual Exploring Ocean Mysteries: The Science and Poetry of The Salish Sea<https://hollyhock.ca/programs/6557/exploring-ocean-mysteries-the-science-and-poetry-of-the-salish-sea/>, a marine biology-poetry workshop and retreat at Hollyhock Retreat Center<https://hollyhock.ca/> on Cortes Island, British Columbia, May 31st to June 5th 2024.

This workshop is for poetry-curious conchologists, mollusc-curious poets, and everyone in between. Engaging and experiential tidepooling and other seashore activities will be offered for beginner to advanced science-poets, with evenings devoted to sharing our biology-inspired works. There is also time during the day for individual or Hollyhock-hosted walks, swims, hot tubbing, body work, and of course their famously delicious organic meals. Some scholarships are available through Hollyhock.

---

--

Marjorie Wonham, PhD (she/they)

Associate Teaching Professor

Friday Harbor Laboratories<https://fhl.uw.edu/> &

School of Aquatic and Fisheries Sciences<https://fish.uw.edu/>

UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 360-375-0873

I acknowledge with gratitude that I live and work on the traditional and shared Coast Salish lands and waters of the Lhaq’temish (Lummi), Lekwungen (Songhees), Swinomish, Semiahmoo, Samish, T’sou-ke, WSÁNEÆ, and Jamestown S’Klallam peoples.

http://listserv.uga.edu/scripts/wa-UGA.exe?SUBED1=conch-l-L&A=1