Ag Teachers,

Attached are the results from the 2024 National Chapter Award application judging process. A group of 36 agricultural education teachers and state staff spent the past week scoring the 158 NCA applications submitted this year. Using the scores from the NCA applications, we also determine our state and Area winners in Chapter Achievement. The attached Excel spreadsheet has five tabs across the bottom; 1) Chapter Achievement results, 2) Gold Emblem chapters, 3) Silver Emblem chapters, 4) Bronze Emblem chapters and 5) chapters with a Participant ranking.

Chapter Achievement
The highest scoring applications in each Area are the Area Winners in Chapter Achievement, and the highest scoring application in the state is the state winner in Chapter Achievement.

Area 1 Winner – Haralson County
Area 2 & State Winner – Oglethorpe County
Area 3 Winner – Peach County
• Area 4 Winner – Screven County
Area 5 Winner – Lee County Middle West
Area 6 Winner – Camden County Middle

GOLD Emblem
Each year National FFA allows each state to submit 10% of their total number of chapters for national NCA judging. This year Georgia is allowed to submit 41 applications, so the top 41 applications in the state earned the Gold Emblem ranking. These chapters will be recognized on stage at the state convention later this month, and the applications will be submitted for national judging this summer. This year the Gold Emblem chapters scores ranged from 375 - 423 points (out of possible 450).

SILVER Emblem
The chapters earning Silver Emblem this year earned a score of 300 – 374 points (out of possible 450).

BRONZE Emblem
The chapters earning Bronze Emblem this year earned from 202 – 299 points (out of possible 450).

PARTICIPANT
Chapters earning a Participant ranking were those whose applications that did earn at least 200 points (of out possible 450) or were incomplete.

After the state FFA convention I will enable the feedback feature that will allow each chapter to see their NCA scoring summary and feedback from the judges.

Thank you to the ag teachers (many on their Spring Break) who took time to evaluate and score these applications. And thank you to the chapters who took the time to complete a NCA form II application. If you have questions, please let me know.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA