Ag Teachers,

The 96th Georgia FFA Convention is less than two weeks away. I am looking forward to seeing more that 6,000 FFA members, advisors and guests in Macon. A big part of the state convention is the on-stage recognition of students and chapters. Attached are lists of who we are planning to recognize on stage during each session of the state FFA convention. Please double check these lists carefully, and have your students prepared to go across stage. The attached lists are for sessions 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6. Session 2 is the state degree ceremony. Also attached is a session breakdown document that lists which events happen in each convention session.

Seating for Award Winners
There will be reserved seating in the back of the arena during each session for those being recognized on stage during that session. Those being recognized on stage are encouraged to be in their assigned seat prior to the start of the session. Keep in mind, once the arena lights go off, it is more difficult to find your reserved seat. Each award winner seat will have a sign on it listing the award category (student, advisor, sponsor, etc…) If you have questions, our convention staff and Courtesy Corp will be on hand to assist you. The convention staff will escort award winners backstage at the appropriate time. Our staff has worked hard to have all on-stage honorees in the correct order so that the on-stage presentation goes smoothly. Please arrive early, find your seat, and sit in the correct place so that we get your students recognized properly and eliminate unnecessary drama backstage.

NOTE: If you must send a student to “stand in” for another student to receive an award on stage, please be sure that the student going on stage is aware of the award they are receiving and the student whom they are representing.

Photos
Our convention staff will get photos of students in the backstage area prior to them going on stage; and then live photos will be taken from front of stage as well. Students will not be asked to report to an official photo station after they leave stage. Advisors and parents are welcome to get photos from the area in front of the stage. There will also be FFA back drops located around the convention center for chapters and parents to use for photos.

Stage Access

Most entrances on/off stage will be stairs; however, we do have an accessible ramp backstage for those who need assistance. All who go on stage will enter from backstage. Most will then be escorted off the side stage to return to their seats after receiving their award. Those more comfortable using the accessibility ramp will be escorted backstage to the ramp, then allowed to return to their seat.

Proper Attire
Students who are going on stage are expected to be in complete and proper official FFA dress. Advisors are asked to be in professional attire. Student should not wear hats, backpacks, or other “extra” things on them when they go on stage. Remember that this is a professional event, and there will sponsors and special guests joining us. Let’s put our best foot forward.

Session Attendance and Departure
I ask that you help set expectations with your students that attendees are in place prior to the start of each session and that they remain until the closing ceremonies are complete in each session. It is a bad look to guests and a bad example to our students when we have people leaving sessions early. Students often do what they are encouraged or allowed to do. Please help set the standard that session attendance is gavel to gavel. I expect that your students, their parents and your administration would appreciate that same respect from those who attend your chapter banquet as well.

If you have questions, please let me know. I look forward to seeing you all in Macon very soon.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA