Dear colleagues,

Please join the Library of Congress Geography and Map Division for this upcoming webinar on Tuesday, April 9, at 3pm EST, and please share with anyone interested.

Register for the orientation here

Join Amelia Raines and Rachel Trent of the Geography and Map Division for a detailed introduction to Sanborn fire insurance maps. This orientation session will highlight the background of fire insurance mapping, the Sanborn map collections, and fire insurance maps made by other companies held in our division. We will cover how to search for, download, and interpret Sanborn map sheets. We will also discuss what’s contained in the online Sanborn collection and how computational users can take advantage of bulk downloading tools.

M. Amelia Raines

Reference Librarian

Geography & Map Division, Library of Congress

[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

Worlds Revealed Blog | @LOCMaps