Greetings!

I wonder if others have developed Visual Basic or other "open"
interfaces to FileX?  We want to link FileX to an interface that
would generate multiple simulations based on a given sample design.
For example, we want to run CERES-Maize for a 30-year time series,
with up to 150 variations in Tmax, Tmin, Precip, Radiation, soil
type, crop variety, CO2 concentration and fertilizer treatment. The
output would go into a database that then links to a statistical
model that emulates the original CERES runs. We have done it all by
hand(!) but would like to automate the process. For backward
compatibility we'd like to retain the FileX structure.  Any ideas or
contributions extremely welcome (and might lead to some interesting
collaboration on statistical emulators of deterministic models...).

Tom

Thomas E. Downing
Programme Leader, Climate Impacts and Responses
Environmental Change Unit
University of Oxford
Oxford OX1 3TB
U.K.