Howdy:  Here at U of U, I'll soon have two projects going in the Map
Collection: a major stack shift; and retrospective conversion of topo
sheets, including reclassing the different series which have
historically lodged together with the 7.5-minute quads.  I'm trying
to plan for the space needed for these series.  Does anyone have
statistics on the volume of sheets produced in the obsolete series?
These are: 30-minute maps at scale 1:125,000;
            60-minute maps at scale 1:250,000;
            1:31,680-scale maps;
            6-minute (scale 1:24,000); and
            15-minute (scale 1:48,000);
 And do I understand correctly that the 60-minute maps were confined
to the western states, while the 30-minute ones were primarily
eastern states?           Thanks...  Ken Rockwell