One of our patrons has asked for the exact spot where the border Europe-Asia
hits the shore on the Russian side. He is going for a hike in that region
and wants to stand with one foot in Europe, one in Asia! Dictionaries give
several alternatives: Caucasian ridge, Manych depression-Sea of Azov, so I
fear I will to discourage him. But perhaps someone out there can help him?
Goran Baarnhielm
Royal Library Map Department, Stockholm, Sweden
Royal Library                  E-mail    : [log in to unmask]
P.O  Box 5039
S - 102 41  Stockholm          Telephone : +46 - 8  463 41 80
Sweden                         Fax       : +46 - 8  463 40 04