Jaderick P. Pabico wrote ...

>>I found that the genotype file RICER940.CUL is not the same as that
>>of the SBGRO940.CUL with respect to defining the variables listed.
>>The SBGRO940.CUL file has an accompanying description of the variables
>>it contain while RICER940.CUL does not. In this regard, may I ask
>>those who are experts on this matter what are the respective
>>definitions and the units used of the following CERES-Rice cultivar
>>coefficients:
>
>>P1,P2R,P5,P20,G1,G2,G3,G4

I have include the header for the RICER960.CUL file, which contains
information in the
header regarding the coefficients.  This information is also available
in Volume 2 of the DSSAT users guide.  This is a repost for those who
could not read the attachment on my previous reply.  I know, I know, it
seems like this listserver is getting SPAMMED a lot recently!

*GENETICS PARAMETER INPUT FILE - RICE GENOTYPE COEFFICIENTS
!
! P1  - Time period (expressed as growing degree days [GDD] in =F8C =
above
a base
!       temperatue of 9=F8C) from seedling emergence during which the =
rice
plant
!       is not responsive to changes in photoperiod.
! P2O - Critical photoperiod or the longest daylength (in hours) at
which the
!       the development occurs at a maximum rate.
! P2R - Extent to which phasic development leading to panicle initiation
is
!       delayed (expressed as GDD in =F8C) for each hour increase in
photoperiod
!       above P2O
! P5  - Time period in GDD (=F8C) from beginning of grain filling (3 to =
4
days
!       after flowering) to physiological maturity with a base
temperature of 9=F8
! G1  - Potential spikelet number coefficient as estimated from the
number of
!       spikelets per g of main culm dry weight (less leaf blades and
sheaths
!       plus spikes) at anthesis.
! G2  - Single grain weight (g) under nonlimiting conditions.
! G3  - Tilering coefficient (scalar value) relative to IR64 cultivar
under
!       ideal conditions.
! G4  - Temperature tolerance coefficient.  Usually 1.0 for varieties
grown in
!       normal environments.  G4 for Japonica type rice growing in
warmer
!       environments would be 1.0 or greater.  Likewise, G4 for Indica
type
!       rice in cool environments would be < 1.0.
!
Dr. Paul W. Wilkens
Scientist, IFDC
P.O. Box 2040