Date:   Thu, 29 Jan 1998 16:01:46 -0400
To: [log in to unmask]
From: [log in to unmask] (David Campbell)
Subject: feeding patterns

[I'm sending this to you rather than the list since messages to the list
are a bit involved with my email; if you wish to forward it, go ahead]

In part, it depends on the definition of carnivore-the difference between
grazing on algae and grazing on sessile organisms like bryozoans, sponges,
etc.  may not be enough to require a change of radula.  There also may be
some generalists.  I think Ilyanassa prefers grazing on microalgae, whereas
Nassarius is often a scavenger, but I don't recall full details.