Dear Vicky;-
     Of course, I only go to Sanibel in the summer and only about
once every five years. I have never failed to find wentletraps there
at the high tide (coffeegrounds) line. With them are always olivella
and a numebr of other very light shells. I look from a point equal to
where the road from the mainland would project to. From there toward
the lighthouse. They thin out as you get close to the lighthouse. You
can also go in the opposite direction from what used to be the Best
Western Motel. A very low tide is also good.
     If you dont find any there, try the beaches off Charleston, SC.
    Better yet---invite me down (all expenses paid) and I'll show you.

             Art