Hello, I'm a new subscriber to this list and am posting a brief
introduction as requested in the subscription reply I received.

My interest in conchology began when I was growing up along the coast
of Virginia.  I became somewhat a serious collector of shells about
28 years ago.  I travelled quite a bit while in the military and was
able to collect in such places as northern Washington state, the
coast of North and South Carolina, the forests and ponds of Germany,
The beaches of southern Texas, the southern shores of Sicily, the
eastern coast of Andros Island, Bahama and the Pacific beaches of
mainland Japan.  I have been pretty much land locked for the past 12
years, so my collection has grown mainly through purchases.

My collection consists of over 500 species, with nearly 1,800
specimens.  I'm interested in all forms, both marine and terrestrial.
 My favorites are cypraeidae, muricidae, and pectinidae.   I was a
fan of Dr. Abbott and have several of his books.  What I hope to gain
from this list is more knowledge and perhaps some help in classifying
some of the shells that I have had trouble with.  Thank you for
letting me be a member of this list.

George Parker