Andrew Rindsberg wrote:
<Some of the memory is tactile/kinesthetic;>

hmmm - very interesting idea!  How many times has someone shown me a
shell and asked for identification - I look at it, and yes I know
what it is . . . it's . . . . it's . . . . the name is right on the
tip of my tongue.  Then I pick up the shell or take it from the
person, hold it in my hand, and the name comes to me.  I always
figured it was just a matter of waiting long enough for the name to
come, and holding the shell was something to do while I was waiting.
Maybe there's more to it than that . . hmmmm

Paul M.