Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 07:38:03 +0200
From: [log in to unmask]
To: Conchologists of America List <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Purple Dye & size records & help for articles

Dear Conch-Lers,

Maybe I'm just telling what everybody knows, but am I right in telling
that here in Europe, also our most common Nucella lapillus was used by
the Romans to colour their luxury clothing ?

Regarding another tread going on here on record sizes of shells : I have
in my possession for the moment a Pecten maximus measuring 19,2 cm. Can
anybody inform me on record sizes for this clam ?

Third question concerns my studies. I'm a librarian and I'm taking
evening courses in information technology and retrieval. We need to do a
paper on availability of scientific papers (full text) on Internet. We
have to pick a subject ourselves and then have to find at least tree
relevant articles of scientific value on the net. Can anybody point me
out to URL's containing articles on malacology or related subjects. The
articles don't have to be recent. Last ten years will do very fine.

Thanks a lot (3 x) in advance,

have a nice weekend

Jan Haspeslagh
Belgium