I have been in the Maldives in 1997 (Kuramathi-island in the Rasdu-Atol) and
found both the shelling and diving great. Diving for splendid house reef
with twice a week the oppertunity to do a (very early) morning dive to watch
hammerhead sharks. Also, Kuramathi is close to the Ari-atol where the famous
Ukala-point is located (manta). Also nice shelling for cones, cyprea
(hirundo francesca), strombidea and a lot of other great shells.

        Dear listers,

        I've been reading all your mails with great interest for the last
        two months and I regret not having introduced myself earlier.

        However, I'm a software engineer in Klagenfurt/Austria and also a
quite
        enthusiastic beginner in collecting and classifying marine mollusks.
        About one year ago my new girlfriend introduced me to several new
        passions, one of them was the collecting of mollusks........ ;-)

        She is really wild about every new species and sometimes they are
        serious rivals.....
        She studies environmental technology at the University of Leoben and
her

        apartment there brims over with specialized literature and wonderful
        specimen of Strombidae, Cypraeidae, Tonnidae, Cassidae, Ranellidae,
        Volutidae, Haliotidae, Harpidae, Olividae, Conidae, Nautilidae,
        Muricidae and so on. But also my collection is growing up.

        Our favourite families are Cassidae and Ranellidae, but as many
others
        we collect nearly everything...

        We love to go on snorkel trips, unfortunately up to now only in the
        Mediterranean Sea, but this year we hope to spend
        our holidays in the Caribbean Sea (Dominican Republic) or on the
        Maledives. Does anybody know good diving areas and species
there???????

        I also regret having deleted your last mails about the best shell
        cleaning methods - Could anybody send me these specific
        messages???????????

        I'm looking forward to reading all your answers...

        Daniel Kogler, Klagenfurt, Austria

        Email: [log in to unmask]

De informatie verzonden met dit E-mail bericht is uitsluitend
bestemd voor de geadresseerde.
Gebruik van deze informatie door anderen dan de geadresseerde is verboden.
Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding en/of verstrekking van deze
informatie aan derden is niet toegestaan.
KPMG staat niet in voor de juiste en volledige overbrenging van de inhoud
van een verzonden E-mail, noch voor tijdige ontvangst daarvan.
The information contained in this communication is confidential
and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance
of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. KPMG is neither liable for the proper and complete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for
any delay in its receipt.