Wow! You got to live in a great place at a great time!

I suppose I should simply have told the Conchlers that central California
is renowned for its artichokes, and encouraged them to select among the
many artichoke products... marinated artichokes, pickled artichokes,
what-have-you... but at some point, y'know, I've got to get off Conch-L and
back to work... Still, I can't forget how sweet the artichokes from the
backyard tasted. <SIGH>

By the way, my favorites at Fisherman's Wharf were the steamed crab (from
an outside vendor) and the bouillabaisse (from the restaurant itself)--sort
of a seafood smorgasbord in a bowl.

Andrew