As many of you know, I have pushed DNA studies for some time to
establish relationships between mollusks. I do that as if I really
understood what I was talking about. The OJ case showed that there
are DNA differences between creatures of the same species. What I
want to know is if DNA studies can also tell which species are
closely related, and if species separated by geography but which look
alike are truly the same or different species. It occurs to me that
in our present technological age, we should be using something other
than outside looks to establish relationships. Are any museums
equiped to do these examinations? What's it cost? Should we be
putting new names on things when there is still a chance the "thing"
already has a name?
                 Your humble Question Man