Dear Paul and David;-
       As you may have noted, I only have questions---not answers. It
appears to me, however, that DNA studies are a lot like Early TV or
ball-point pens. (remember the Parker 21, so named because that's
what it cost). Similarly, the computer I use is the grandson of one
that took up two walls and a cabinet a few years ago. I wonder if
more work on the process of DNA studies might not bring it into more
common usage and more practical pricing. I can envision a time when
you have a little box about TV size. It has a door where you slip in
a whole mollusk (with or without shell). The machine hums and clicks,
then spits out  a nice 20 inch tape with all the information done in
numbers.
    I know, and so do you, what this process would do for "new" Conus
species. Among the Epitiniidae, we'd like to find out whether our
notable look-a-likes, zelandica from NZ and blainei from Florida, are
the same or just accidently similar.
              Your humble Question Man