Dear all, the cone is 44mm in length and it does indeed resemble a
C.retifer, but, according to compendium of seashells, it lacks vertical
brown
bands and the triangles, in some areas, are quite large. It has almost
exactly
the same shape as the retifer in the compendium. What it also lacks is
spiral grooves
seen on the anterior of the shell in the compendium. I have no other
photo of a retifer. If
anybody has a few, please send them to: [log in to unmask]

If I ever had the honor to name and describe a cone species,
I would call it the ice cream cone! Kind Regards James

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]