I have in front of me (pag. 19, "Guides des Coquillages des Antilles") a
picture of a necklace made of Strombus gigas pearls ("Perles en lambis,
Collection Desjardins, Guadeloupe"); please note that in Gaudeloupe "Lambi"
is "Strombus Gigas", not "Lambis"!
They are white and pink, not perfectly regular; no explanation in the text.

Sandro (from Italy, recently in Guadeloupe)