Dear Kurt,
Thank you for the information and you are right! The Euglandina rosea don't
seem to be abundant anywhere in South Florida. However, you could easily
collect dozens on a single morning on Raiatea, French Polynesia, a few years
ago. This is related to the population explosion effect which many exotic
species undergo when they are first introduced into a new area. I was
mistakenly using the abundance of the snail in Polynesia as the standard
when I sent out the request, and was assuming the populations would be
equally as abundant in Florida. I am not going back to Polynesia soon,
unless I win the Lottery so I would still like to obtain 10 or more animals
to have enough of a sample size so the results of the testing would be
valid. I have run some preliminary tests on a single adult snail, and the
results are encouraging. I would love to get some more specimens to continue
the work. The snail is doing well after 3 weeks on a diet of Subulina, and I
could feed about a dozen more Euglandina. The E's are easy to ship. You just
let them attach to a substrate, dry out and seal off overnight, wrap them in
several layers of  Kleenex, put them in a small, crush proof cardboard box,
and mail them off on a two day express delivery. I'm offering a $10 per
snail honorarium, which is enough to cover the postage, and still buy a 25
cent cigar! I would appreciate the help of anyone who stumbles across this
animal.
Cordially,
Roger