A couple of questions about family names:
I don't think ICZN rules apply to family names?  Is that right?  Yet family
names almost always seem to be derived from a genus name within the family.
Is this just sort of a tradition, or are there any rules or guidelines
governing it?  What about a family name like Potamididae?  As far as I know,
there is no genus name that is similar.  Where does such a name come from?
One last question - when it was decided to divide the Cymatiidae into two
families, why was Personidae chosen for the other family, given that Persona
is no longer a valid genus name?  Why wasn't it called Distorsiidae, after
Distorsio, the current and valid equivalent?
Paul M.