Only the adductor is sold commercially, but that is not the only edible
part. A friend of the family who had a summer house near Witchwood on
Perdido Bay, Alabama, used to eat the "tomalley" (liver) of her scallops
raw as a delicacy. My dictionary informs me that this odd word, which is
usually applied to the livers of lobsters, derives from a Cariban language.
Apparently the Caribs used to make a sauce from lobster livers, which is
not something that I would ever have guessed. Amazing things, dictionaries.

Andrew K. Rindsberg
"Toothless in Gaza"
Geological Survey of Alabama