Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:26:56 -0600
From: Kathy Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: helmut shell
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello!  I hope you can give me some information on the helmut shell.
My husband's basketball team was recently in Nassau, New Providence,
Bahamas for a tournament, which we won.  The trophy was a mounted
helmut shell, very beautiful.  We were told it is a queen helmut, and
that the helmut grows 90 feet deep in the ocean and has to be harvested
by divers.  It is supposedly becoming very rare.  It was named after the
conquistadors headgear from long ago.

Now, in your educated opinion, are any of these facts true?  The
president of our college seems skeptical of the 90 feet down story.
Can you help verify any of the information which we were given in
Nassau about the helmut shell?  Also, add any more which you may have.

Thanks so much for your help.

Kathy Neal