From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:22:41 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:12:12 +1000
From: Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Worldwide pants
Sender: Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>

The erstwhile president of the Australian Map Circle is the proud possessor
of some made-in-Fiji trousers, which feature what looks like an antique
map-printed material as the waist lining. However, after he displayed the
inside of his pants at our last conference, we have formed the opinion that
the map in question is not a map of anywhere in particular, but an imaginary
planet.
Has anyone else come across this particular pant-lining map? I am intrigued
that someone went to the bother of designing a fake map to print on material
to be used as a lining.

Brendan Whyte
University of Melbourne