From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 17:24:17 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 12:28:20 +0100
From: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Facsimile available? <fwd>
Sender: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>

Have just checked (on the assumption that you hadn't?) for Roy Wenzlick &
Co. in 'Antique map reproductions: a directory of publishers & distributors
of antique map, atlas & globe facsimiles & reproductions' compiled by
Gregory C. McIntosh (Lakewood CA: Plus Ultra Publishing Co., 1998),  ISBN
0-9667462-0-1: no trace.  But you might, in any case, contact Greg directly
in case he learned of the firm either too late for inclusion or, because the
firm disappeared ages ago, excluded it deliberately: [log in to unmask]
(pity the damage to your Ortelius map hadn't happened two weeks earlier:
both Greg, Alice Hudson, and I were amongst members of the Society for the
History of Discoveries attending our 39th Annual Meeting in St Louis MO; and
we could have hunted for the firm on the spot!).  Maybe someone (perhaps on
MapHist?) could suggest a substitute replacement reproduction of the same
map?

Good luck!
Francis Herbert (Curator of Maps, RGS-IBG)

--- End Forwarded Message ---