From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane F. Marble
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:19:16 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 12:04:07 -0500
From: "Duane F. Marble" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [Fwd: GIS: Supporting Environmental Planning and Management in
West Africa]

--
Dr. Duane F. Marble
Professor Emeritus of Geography         Telephone:  614-292-4419

        "Two important characteristics of maps should be noticed.
         A map is not the territory it represents, but, if correct,
         it has a similar structure to the territory, which accounts
         for its usefulness. . . . "  (pg. 58)

     - Alfred Korbzybski in Science and Sanity, (1933, 1950)

--- End Forwarded Message ---