From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Boxall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:21:11 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 14:32:03 -0400 (AST)
From: James Boxall <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: [MapHist] Stockholm and Mulwat placename origin
Sender: James Boxall <[log in to unmask]>

Apologies to Francis and the lists....
and yes, go home and have a nice weekend :-)

we are looking for etymological origin of Stockholm...we (incl. another
ref. dept. here.....checked every source in print and online that we have
access to (and the faculty member has searched his sources)...but i just
saw the note from the National Library of Sweden....and that may be just
what we need.

Mulwat (again, egg on face for not being more detailed...)....
Middle ages....was, according to the requestor, a meeting place of some
sort used for negotiations after battles....it could be an old village or
encampment name...or even a hill, valley, or brook.....but it is supposed
to be situated along the border in said region......

also...the person in need of Mulwat will be in the UK in a week or
so...and would be willing to go anywhere to view anything about it ...

cheers, and again, sorry....(hey, its a bad day here, and people are about
to hit the picket lines :-(...what can i say?

James Boxall
Curator/Head
Map and Geospatial Information Collection
Killam Library
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada   B3H 4H8
902-494-3757 (tel)
902-494-2062 (fax)
magic.library.dal.ca

Immediate Past-President, Association of Canadian
Map Libraries and Archives (ACMLA)     www.acmla.org