From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 08:27:05 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:11:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Kent Lee <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: River in Russia? (fwd)

Dear Ilene, List:
The NIMA GEONet database is a bit weak on hydrographic names.  The river can probably be found relatively easily if your patron can specify the provincial-level (ADM1) unit (from Murmanskaya oblast to Chukhotskaya Respublika).  This will help, because the north of Russia is pretty darn big.  We can take a crack at it, but this ADM1 information would be very desirable.
Alternatively, the name of the nearest possible city, village or other populated place (GEONet is strongest here) would help.
Without better data, the best I could recommend would be the Vivi river (mouth coordinates roughly E98 N64 and running NNE from there) in the middle of the Evenkiyskiy Autonomous Okrug.  See p. 51 of the 1984 edition of _Atlas SSSR_, which perhaps your library has.
Best,
Kent D. Lee
East View Cartographic

 Johnnie Sutherland wrote:---------- Forwarded message ----------