From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 15:50:30 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 08:58:55 -0700
From: Linda Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'MAPS-L' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Map Copying Guidelines

Hello,

        I have been asked to develop some guidelines for map and air photo
copying for our copy center.  Below you will find the text that I have
developed thus far.  I would like to know if anyone else has similar
guidelines.  If so, am I missing anything?  Perhaps if we all put our joint
heads together, we could develop something we can all use.  Comments and
suggestions would be welcome.  Linda Zellmer ([log in to unmask])

Map Copying Guidelines

Oversized Copier

The following items may not be copied with the oversized copy machine:

-Aerial Photographs
-Encapsulated maps (i.e. maps covered in plastic)
-Maps that are too big to fit through the machine without being folded

Standard Copy Machine

-Flat maps should never be folded in order to copy them.
-Maps with folds in them should only be folded along existing fold lines.
-The copier lid should not be lowered unless the map or photograph being
copied will fit without bending or folding.
-Aerial photographs should not be copied on machines which have a paper
cupboard that is higher than the glass on the copier.

Tape should never be used on maps, atlases or any other Library materials
for any reason.

Linda Zellmer
Map Librarian
Arizona State University Libraries