From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 13:09:06 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 07:17:10 -0700
From: Linda Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Map Copying Guidelines (fwd)

Gerry,

        Thanks for the information.  Given that we have an oversized copier,
we are able to copy larger items, as long as they are not encapsulated,
folded or aerial photos.  The atlases that cannot be copied are kept behind
our reference desk so that people can use them only with a staff member.  We
also have a scanner which can scan items up to 11" X 17" and a printer that
can print up to 16" X 24".  Since we can take the cover off of the scanner,
we can easily lay flat maps on it so people can scan them.  Then we can
print the image on the large format printer.  Most people seem fairly
satisfied with this solution.

        The scanner cost less than $1000 and the printer less than $500.  If
you want the specs, I will send them to you.

        Thanks for your comments.  Linda Zellmer

Linda Zellmer
Map Librarian
Arizona State University Libraries
P.O. Box 871006