From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:52:20 -0400
Subject: Re: [Fwd: map library hierarchies]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:30:59 -0400
From: David Cobb <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

Julie -

 From the responses that you receive you should have enough information
write an "interesting" paper!

My heirarchy here at Harvard is similar to yours - we are located in
Pusey
Library (which is located in Harvard Yard and houses three special
collections: Maps, Theatre, and University Archives). We are a unit
within
the Harvard College Library's Social Science Program which has a
Librarian
for the Social Sciences who then reports to the Associate Librarian for
Research and Instruction who then reports to the College Librarian. The
College Librarian then, technically, reports to the University Librarian
but this is actually more ceremonial and speaks to our "English
tradition."
In reality, there is no university library but there is an office and
then
there are several "college libraries" - i.e. Harvard College, Business,
Law, Divinity, etc.

David