From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 08:43:58 -0600
Subject:        Key to symbols on NGA Aeronautical Charts
Date:   Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:30:32 -0800
From:   Kathy Stroud <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,

I have a patron who's asking questions about the symbols on TPCs and
other aeronautical charts published by NGA (formerly NIMA, formerly DMA,
etc, etc, etc,)  Does anyone have or know of a source that describes
these symbols, especially some of the landcover ones?  We can guess, but
would like to confirm.  The NACO Aeronautical Chart User's Guide appears
to be for the FAA charts only, not the NGA charts.  I've e-mailed the
NGA using an address provided to me by the FAA in response to my query
of them.  I'm not counting on a prompt response.

Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.

Kathy Stroud, Map/GIS Librarian
Government Information and Maps
Peter J. Shields Library
100 NW Quad