From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:57:48 -0500
Subject: Government Information Quarterly update
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:55:40 -0600 (CST)
From: Aimee C Quinn <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

Hello Folks,

I am writing you today in my capacity as a member of the Editorial team
for Government Information Quarterly.

As many of you know, Reed-Elsevier purchased the publisher of GIQ several
years ago along with several other smaller publishers including the
publisher of the Journal of Government Information.  Earlier this fall,
the editors of GIQ were contacted by Elsevier to start a transition in the
editorial management of the Journal of Government Information for 2004
with the intent to merge the two journals in 2005.

Over the past two weeks the two Editorial Boards were informed of this
decision.  The editorial team at GIQ agreed to manage both journals in
2004 with the assistance of the JGI Editorial Board members who wished to
continue in their role.

If you are an author or reviewer of a manuscript submitted to the Journal
of Government Information, please contact Dr. Charles McClure
<[log in to unmask]> to verify the status of your submission.

The letter sent from Elsevier to the JGI Editorial Board is inlcuded
below.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or any of the
other Editorial Board members.

Best wishes, and have a lovely holiday.  Aimee