From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:18:25 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject:        Call for contributors: population and environment entries for
_Encyclopedia of World History_
Date:   Thu, 1 Dec 2005

Monique Vallance [log in to unmask]

To:     maps-l

From: Monique Vallance [[log in to unmask]]
Date sent: 17 Nov 2005

----------------------
ABC-CLIO Seeking Academic Contributors

The ABC-CLIO World History Encyclopedia

ABC-CLIO is in the process of developing a comprehensive 21-volume
Encyclopedia of World History.  The work is an ambitious undertaking,
and we are seeking the writing contributions from interested scholars.
We are particularly anxious to make contact with those who are
interested in writing on environment and population. This is an area
that is currently underrepresented.

Within the encyclopedia, we will explore major themes through the
development of specific topics. Our goal is to bring our readers a
balanced and engaging view of the human experience. We will need
qualified scholars to write on every aspect of the history of humanity.
If there are scholars within your department who might be interested in
helping with this enterprise, please ask them to send an e-mail message
to me at [log in to unmask], with a brief curriculum vita attached.
It would be helpful if they would indicate in the e-mail the regions,
topics and time periods about which they are comfortable writing.

Best regards,

Monique Vallance
World History Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO